Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vacation - Niagara Falls

American Falls.

A few weeks ago, I went on a business trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario for two days of meetings, but Kathryn was able to tag along for a short vacation. Also, we were able to check out Niagara Falls on the way.

At first, I was disappointed to learn that Niagara Falls are in a gorge. I always pictured them pouring down a mountain. It's the most I've ever been disappointed by something beautiful.

Kathryn at the top of American Falls.

The happy couple.

We, of course, took the Maiden of the Mist boat tour to the base of the falls.

Kathryn's picture of the American Falls from the boat.

It's hard to see in this picture, but I was getting pelted by the water/mist. Also, you might note that I'm starting to sunburn. I accidentally burnt the crap out of myself that day.

On the way up to Niagara-on-the-Lake, we stopped at a beautiful horticulture garden.

Lookout!

While I was sitting through presentations, Kathryn was out bicycling the countryside and checking out wineries.

Here she is at a vineyard.

Niagara-on-the-Lake is home to several wineries and known for ice wine. Kathryn made sure to take in a tour.

Enjoying a glass of wine and a few pages of one of the "The Girl with the Something or Other" books.

We did get to visit one winery together briefly.

Inniskillin is the oldest ice wine producer in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment