Thursday, February 3, 2011

D.C. Sports - Georgetown Hoyas

Corner seats - the best view for basketball.

This is my favorite time of the year, the heart of the college basketball conference schedule. This is when bubbles burst and the strengths and weakness of every team are exposed. It's been a great week since I was able to check out two games live. While Kathryn was stuck at work saving lives, I was busy watching some Big East conference play with a good friend from work.
  • I was amazed to see Jesuit university students actually get really excited about their team. It was way better than anything I've seen at Saint Louis or Creighton.
  • The game was a real nail biter with GU coming up late in the game and securing the win despite a last second 3 point attempt to tie. As a fan of Rick Pitino, I was sort of bummed that Louisville didn't pull off the road win.
  • I would love to go to more Georgetown games, but they are prohibitively expensive. Ticket prices are on range with the Wizards, but somehow, the games are just as well (if not better) attended.
  • The worst part of the game is the metro ride to and from the Verizon center. I live very close to Georgetown so the cars were more cramped than other lines around the stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment