We forgot to bring our camera, but what we had looked exactly like this.
Sweet Mango Cafe (Caribbean/Jamaican) - January 16
If there is one thing that spans cultural divides, it's quality barbecued chicken. All you need is a chicken, some hot coals, and a spice rub and/or sauce. We went to Sweet Mango Cafe because of the reviews of the jerk chicken, and this is a town where roast chicken is a big deal (especially Peruvian style). Plus, it gave us an excuse to check out a part of the city we had never visited (Petworth).
- The jerk chicken is ridiculous! Kathryn claimed she didn't like jerk seasoning before going there, but Sweet Mango Cafe turned her around.
- There wasn't really anything sweet on the menu. There also wasn't any mango.
- We didn't realize that the chicken comes with a large side of rice and some sort of green bean and cabbage stew, so we didn't really need the side of plantains (just ok) or the coco bread (amazing).
- If I were a little more adventurous, I would have gotten the curry goat, but I just had goat like a week ago and I don't like curry.
- This place had a poster up that featured Obama, MLK, Malcolm X, Nelson Mandela, and, of course, Bob Marley.