Checking out restaurants has become one of our favorite hobbies since moving to DC, especially moving through all of the different countries, regions, and cultures represented in DC eateries. We usually eat at home during the week and venture out to try new restaurants on the weekends, and as a result, we made a pledge to try a different ethnic food each weekend. We're a little behind in starting this blog (and making our pledge), but this should bring us all up to speed.
We will hopefully do a better job of documenting our trips with pictures and observations and what-have-yous. Most of these places warrant a trip back, so we'll fill in the missing spots next time.
In the last couple of months, here's what we've tried so far:
- Peruvian style grilled chicken (El Pollo Rico - Arlington)
- Peruvian (El Chalan - Foggy Bottom)
- Ethiopian (Zed's - Georgetown)
- Vietnamese (A few places around town, most notably Huong Viet in Eden Center - Falls Church)
- Thai (A few places around Foggy Bottom, nothing to write home about)
- Chinese (Chinatown Express, $5 for homemade noodles and roast duck!)