My turn for a silly picture.
Bethesda Crab House (Crabs)
Last week I was really feeling the need to get away, so we went five metro stops to beautiful Bethesda, Maryland. Downtown Bethesda is basically like a nice shopping mall, so I was afraid this place was going to be a lot like Joe's Crab Shack. Luckily, Bethesda Crab House is, in fact, a real dump.
- This is might be the best food we've tried yet, and it definitely provided the most "I live out East" feeling.
- Kathryn and I split half a dozen large crabs, a crab cake, and a side of shrimp (half pound). That's right. At Bethesda Crab House, shrimp is a side item. Oh, we also had some slaw.
- The waitress had to show us how to open up the crabs, but we got the hang of it. (Some of us more than others - zing!)
- The crabs come with three little tubs: oldbay, vinegar, and butter. The best option is to dip the crab in the vinegar and then oldbay.
- What could be more Classic Bethesda than Georgetown Cupcake? We picked up some on the way home, but we'll tell you more about that in our dedicated DC cup cake review post. (Coming soon, stay tuned)