Monday, September 20, 2010

Getting Out - H St Festival

We had gorgeous weather on Saturday, and my good friend Mike was in town for the afternoon. We decided to take in the H St Festival - a great time in my favorite DC neighborhood (hands down!).

The festival featured an "art car show." Here's Mike and me with one of my favorites.

Here's Kathryn enjoying a slice of coconut at Dangerous Pies. Bonus - Mike got to try his first Nati Bo.

There were three stages with free live music (plus there was a boxing ring, a fashion runway, and arm wrestling table, to name a few). Here's DC punk legend and former Bad Brains front man H.R.

We ended up hitting a total of 4 bars on the day. Here's Kathryn and I at Little Miss Whiskey's Golden Dollar. It was Kathryn's favorite. It's the earliest I've ever been at a dance club (around 6:30pm), but there are no windows and they have the best DJ in town.

We switched to Stroh's at LMWGD. We almost hit the cycle of crappy regional beers.

Dinner at Popeye's.

Mike and I with some giant devil horns in front of one of the art cars.

We played a round of putt putt at the H St Country Club. This was the hole that did me in. Kathryn was the big champ by more than a stroke a hole.

Putt putt Washington Monument complete with King Kong.

Found the best homemade sign ever on the walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment