Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vacation - Mexico (Chichen Itza)

I'm resisting the urge to use the caption "Sweatin' to the Oldies"

While on vacation in Mexico we took a long day trip to Chichen Itza. I wasn't originally sold on the idea, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. It also helped that, for maybe the first time in my life, I was able to sleep on a bus. We got the chance to swim in a giant sinkhole on the way back to the resort. Sadly, no pictures.

Kathryn playing it smart and wearing a giant floppy hat.

Thornberrys standing in front of the temple.

Kathryn outside of the ball court with a giant snake sculpture.

(Editor's note: I some how forgot to mention that our tour guide told us Sir Elton John recently played a concert at Chichen Itza. We spent a large portion of the trip discussing how this was even possible and who would actually come to said concert.)

No comments:

Post a Comment